Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Is it just me?

Is it just me or do things from our youth seem to be
disappearing? When I was younger, it seemed like there were city and community
parks everywhere. Children flocked to them to play kickball, baseball, etc. in
the spring summer and fall and we ice skated every day that we could get out of
the house in the winter.


Has technology had that much of a detrimental effect on
everything and everyone? With video games, the Wii, Xbox and Konnect, computer
games, internet, android phones and iPods, has everyone in the world forgotten
what it was like to go outside and feel the fresh air and sunshine on thier
face?
Admittedly, I spend a LOT of time on computers. I work with
them at the day job, for writing, blogging and social media sites. I probably
spend more time on them than I should. However, I do find the time to go
outside, whether it’s to garden, to ride my bike or play with my dogs.


I guess the question I’m trying to ask is, where are all of
the parks, the ice skating rinks and just plain fun places to hang out that
used to be the center of our lives when we were younger? Are they still there
hidden, trying valiantly to be noticed as we go on with our busy twenty-first
century, computer driven lives or are they gone forever, nothing more than dust
in the wind?
Until next time.

Tianna

No comments: