Friday, February 13, 2009

Cell Phones

Sometimes cell phones suck. We've lived in Michigan for almost seven years now. When we moved here in July of 2002, we had our phones switched over to Michigan. Three years ago we noticed that the cell phone company was still billing us for Virginia Beach city 911 tax and Virginia state sales tax along with the taxes for the state of Michigan.

We went on happily with our lives paying our bills and generally noticing the bill wasn't as expensive as it had been. Then a year and a half ago, suddenly our bills seemed more expensive again. The taxes were back or, according to their customer service never left. They were just hidden deep within the bill where we couldn't easily see them. We called again and asked them to remove the charges. They did.

Tonight, we looked at our bill on the internet and what do we see? Virginia Beach 911 taxes and State of Virginia sales taxes. Now they don't want to credit these monies to us because we should review our bills better and notice these things the month they happen. What? Whatever happened to customer service? And businesses wonder why the economy is so bad... I don't wonder. I know.

I don't look at my bills unless the charges are more than what I expect. So I guess a little of this is my fault but still, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that phones being used in Michigan shouldn't have any Virginia taxes on them. And the problem should be fixed the first time the customer calls and complains about it.

I hesitate to mention the company's name here. I only know I'm going to run very fast to the nearest cell phone kiosk and see which company will give me better service. Anyone have any suggestions?

Until next time...

Tianna

No comments: